A values-led organisation, Alalaho is composed of a small team with the ambition and dedication to become a global leader in psycho-spiritual healing. The team behind Alalaho has been at the forefront of the psychedelic retreats business in Europe since 2016. While psychedelics are the centrepiece of our work, Alalaho’s focus is to support, enhance and sustain their beneficial effects through other mind-body-soul practices, drawing on various wisdom traditions and bodies of knowledge from around the world to connect us more deeply to ourselves, each other, nature and the mystery of existence. Ultimately, Alalaho’s mission is to catalyse the transition towards greater self-awareness, supporting individuals to take full responsibility for their lives, and thereby enabling them to live lives of more meaning and beauty.
Working with Alalaho is uniquely rewarding and challenging at the same time. We are in the midst of a psychedelic renaissance with new possibilities for global healing on the horizon. Working in this field means we get to be pioneers and part of creating change. It also means operating in a landscape that has not yet fully endorsed our line of work, which can create extra hurdles for implementing marketing strategies and requires stamina, resourcefulness and creativity to tackle the challenges.
About the role
As our marketing manager, you will be instrumental in building the brand awareness and trust that engages and supports our clients to choose Alalaho for their transformational journey. Your role is also key to Alalaho’s mission of catalysing the transition towards greater self-awareness by spreading our message about a nuanced and holistic approach to psychedelic use, personal growth and collective healing.
You will raise Alalaho’s public profile; create a consistent and professional brand presence; implement, analyse and refine our marketing practices; promote our offerings and inspire our growing audience by developing and editing content and engaging with people around the world. You will gain Alalaho representation in press, podcasts, and other media outlets, and develop strategic partnerships with other organisations.
- Develop multifaceted brand-building activities and marketing campaigns that champion the mission and vision of the organisation while increasing brand awareness and impact
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with our values and brand identity
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution
- Develop and execute multi-channel, integrated marketing campaigns including: social, email, paid marketing and affiliate strategies
- Gain Alalaho representation in press, podcasts, conferences, and other media outlets
- Develop strategies to expand Alalaho’s brand presence in European countries, in particular Germany, the Netherlands, France & the Scandinavian states
- Build strategic relationships with other mission-aligned organisations and industry players
- Develop and execute our SEO strategy
- Develop and execute Alalaho’s content strategy and design a cohesive editorial calendar that delivers high-quality, brand-congruent copy
- Follow internal conversations and external media to inform our content strategy
- Research topics related to our mission and engage followers in meaningful dialogue on social media
- Manage, organise, and leverage our collection of photos and videos
- Create graphics in Canva or a similar graphic software to accompany and enhance social posts
- Measure and analyse the performance of marketing campaigns using appropriate data-informed marketing analytics, reviewing and updating our strategies accordingly
- Manage the marketing budget; prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis, allocating funds wisely
Qualities and qualifications
- Passionate about our mission and values and interested in psychedelics, personal growth, creative expression, and our collective evolution
- Familiar with the psychedelic renaissance and topical issues and debates
- 3+ years of experience in a senior marketing role
- Aware of the ethical and legal considerations for marketing psychedelics
- Savvy, creative and forward thinking in navigating any bureaucratic, institutional hurdles that may be encountered when marketing psychedelics
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, organised self-starter, highly motivated and able to prioritise time and resources
- Natural networker who enjoys building partnerships
- Excellent project management skills
- Able to make responsible decisions under pressure
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment
- Open to feedback and ideas with a willingness to evolve and grow in your professional skills
- Significant experience in brand development
- Demonstrable experience in identifying target audiences and creatively devising and leading marketing campaigns across different channels that engage, educate and motivate and positively impact client engagement and brand awareness.
- Strong writing skills, a love for great copy and the ability to adapt to and further develop Alalaho’s voice – warm, welcoming, accessible, authentic, engaging, dedicated, nuanced, concise with a pinch of playfulness, magic and tasteful humour
- Experience communicating with diverse audiences
- A sense of aesthetics and experience and passion for beautiful and relatable photography and content creation
- Knowledge and experience working with SEO
- Knowledge of CRM to create curated and meaningful customer communications
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Experience using marketing management apps
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The position will be filled once the right candidate is found.
- Living in Berlin, Germany or the Netherlands
- Experience developing marketing campaigns in Germany, the Netherlands, France or Scandinavian countries
- Graphic design skills
- Experienced with WordPress
- Experience in PR
- Experience in market research
- Personal experience with psychedelics
- Connected in the psychedelic/self development world and love to go to online conferences and workshops in your own time
We aspire to have our staff reflect the diverse global society we live in and so strongly encourage applications from varied cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, races, nationalities, genders, ages, and sexual orientations. We look forward to working with you to help us become a more inclusive and diverse place to work, and to bring forth a more diverse psychedelic industry.